Saturday, May 16, 2015

Commencement Day

Good Morning! Today is the day when I will don my cap and gown, and march across Franklin Field as a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania. In preparation for my grad school graduation, I've been ruminating on my graduations from high school and college. I think because of the way I grew up, I was still very much a kid when I graduated from college. It goes without saying that I was a kid when I graduated from high school. I had just turned 18 two days before the ceremony. I guess this is my first graduation in which I see myself as an adult, and that is a pretty exciting thing!

Now, I'm not usually a nervous sleeper. I can sleep through anything: test anxiety, thunderstorms, noisy neighbors, etc. But for some reason, I could not fall asleep last night, and when I finally did, I woke up in the middle of the night. I woke up again and was too scared to look at my phone for the time. I tried to fall back asleep for a while, then finally caved and looked at the time: 5:00 am on the nose. That's when I decided I wasn't going to get anymore sleep, so I read a little bit and finally got out of bed before my alarm (which never happens) to meet the day head on.

There is something nice about being the first one out of bed in the morning. I've been getting ready for the day at a nice, leisurely pace, all while enjoying some of my favorite tunes. I've been bopping around from playlist to playlist, and I thought I would share them. These are all thanks to Spotify!










I will be taking a lot of pictures today, and I'll be sure to share once I get the chance!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Hello! I am a current student in Penn GSE's Teacher Education Program (Elementary Strand). I'm writing this blog as part of a Graduate Assistantship with Penn GSE's Financial Aid and Admissions Office.